If you’ve been wanting to do something new and good for the environment you need to know all urban gardens, and here’s why:
Starting new habits it’s never easy, but that does not mean its not worthy. In this case, we are here to talk about this new city trend that we can appreciate more and more in balconies or rooftops.
If you started reading this, it’s because perhaps you’ve been thinking of grow your own vegetables, or maybe you just want to bring some colour to your life. But even if you are only a #DIYfan, Urban gardening is the perfect new hobby to start this 2021. But before we starts telling you why, let’s explain what this is all about:
Urban Gardening is the practice of growing plants in an urban environment. This community lifestyle does not only helps you to grow high quality healthy food from home, but it can also make you save money and even earn some more by selling your harvests #CHASH.
Big question here: Where to start? Whether you have a small balcony, a rooftop or a patio, you can easily create a gorgeous garden and grow your own food (or plants) in the city! Ready to get planting?
Here’s a few urban gardening ideas, tips, and DIY hacks that will keep your hands busy! Plus, a list of items from DIY Direct that will help you built and plant it!
Turn your balcony into a garden
Get creative between container pots, hanging planters and pallet walls. A balcony garden its’ all about space profit and greener life! Not only gives you more access to sunshine and protection from wind, but also helps you to connect with your natural self. Remember that maintenance is important in all kind of garden, so here’s a small list of products you should get to start your own garden:
- Gardening Fork & Dibber Planting Set: This tools will help you to make holes in soil for seed planting.
3. Lasher Tools Professional Bypass Secateurs: This ergonomically designes products, uses two blades that glide past each other, enabling a sharp, clean cut, close to the stem or root. Therefore, it’s particularly suited for cutting living plant tissue.
4. Lasher Tools Deluxe Lopping Bypass Shears: This item made with long handles with PVC grips, it’s ideal for pruning rose bushes, twigs and other branches to a maximum diameter of 25mm.
5. Lasher Tools Transplanter Hand Trowel: The Lasher transplanter tool is designed for precise digging and perfect for transplanting seedings with depth graduations.
6. Garden/ Plant Labels, White Plastic 135mm (20 Pack): Use this labels to identify your seeds and watch them grow into beautiful vegetables and flowers.
But if you are reading this and thinkin “I don`t hace space for this”, vertical gardens are your best options. Whether you allow vines to grow along the wall or you choose to hang vertical planters, this is an affordable way to get a beautiful green space at home. There’s a universe of ideas for you to create in your place! So get your wires or your chains and start building up your confy and natural place.
And, if you are thinking about messy and cleaning all that dirt, this two products from DY Direct will make your life so much easier and keep everything #OnPoint:
- Brick & Patio Cleaner is a fast-acting acid-based formula (9.5% strength) that dissolves mortar and cement stains and ingrained dirt and paint on most mineral surfaces such as brick, stone, concrete, paving flags and earthenware.
- Garden Genie Stone Cleaner, 500ml removes mould and algae build up overnight on a simply spray on and leave formula. Ideal for most stoneworks including statues and memorial stone ands also used on garden ornaments, bird baths, etc.
So whats the next step? Get into Pinterest and start creating that dashboard you’ve been saving into reality! You have the idea, you have the intentions and we just gives you the reason and the tools. What are you waiting for?